3.5.08

Akok Blues

I don't like akok. What I didn't know is that my sister, Siti dislike akok too. To my surprise, she didn't like akok for the same reason as me. It was revealed during school holiday this year when I went back to KB.


The akok conversation started when I told my sister, how much my hubby loves akok. My sister then told me, her husband loves akok too.


Me: "Why they like akok, hah? I don't like akok."

Siti: "I don't like akok too."


I was so surprised when she told me that she didn't like akok.

Me: "I didn't know you don't like akok? Do you know why I don't like akok? It is because of the akok served at MRSM full of cloves (bunga cengkih). Every time I munch the akok, I'll be munching at the cloves, it was so irritating, I don't know how many cloves they put in one akok."


She looked at me with a surprised, then told me that she dislike akok for the same reason! We both laughed. My sister said her husband did persuade her to eat akok, she politely turn down the offer . My mother-in-law did homemade akok once in a while, I told her why I don't like akok, I pick one or two akok just to be polite.


We've been keeping this akok dislike secret to ourselves for so long (almost 17 years, I left MRSM in 1991). Well, till now we still 'traumatised' with akok as if we'll be munching that cloves again!

5 comments:

Yasmin's Mummy said...

I didn't notice the cloves at all! Perhaps I was too hungry. Truth is, I hated the rice with its laukpauk there, so my only salvation was the kuehmueh, akok included.

nida said...

yasmin's mummy...maybe we always get the unlucky akok. Tapi, habis gak makan akok kat MRSM tu, laparrrr..... Cuma since we have choice now, we try to avoid akok...teringat kat ikan jaket besi MRSM...

Ummu Auni said...

ikan jaket tu paling famous, tu memang term satu malaysia kalau budak sek asrama :)

Ibu WA Alim said...

CY mmg suka akok, ni blh join abe yen dan your hubby, buat club make akok pulak..
Tak terkena pulak yg ada cengkih tu, tp sbnrnya cengkih pun ada kelebihan/khasiat, rasanya utk mengatasi masalah bau badan dan mengelokkan gigi, kalu tak silap la, skrg ni kalau sekali sekali tergigit cengkih tu rasa ok gak..

nida said...

Akok kat MRSM je yg kami terkena cengkih tu, yang my hubby beli kat luar ni ok je. tapi x taula kenapa fobia tu wujud sampai skrg...